Being aware of what we are eating, hand in hand with creating a balanced diet and keeping active can have a positive effect on our weight, optimising our natural body shape.
Next on the list, lets make a list - right now. A list of actions to help us on our eat healthy to lose weight journey. No need to wait any longer.
Here are a some ideas that you might like to include in your eating healthy to lose weight action list:
1. Start keeping a food diary. Use this Food Diary link if you need something to get you started.
2. Pick one of the 10 Tips to Healthy Eating. Be sure to choose what resonates and feels right for you. Perhaps start with eliminating the refined sugars and pre-processed foods – please remember to do this slowly. Mindful eating doesn’t really cut it when the food isn’t good quality and natural.
3. Another good start to our Eating Healthy to Lose Weight Action List is taking a look at breakfast – you might like to eliminate packaged cereal by making your own Muesli Mix? Maybe blend the cereal and muesli together for a while and gradually reduce the packaged cereal content. Or a boiled egg or Breakfast Smoothie? If you've a little more time, this gorgeous Feta Omelette takes about 15 minutes or perhaps Pancakes for you and the kids? It’s really quick and simple. Your wallet will enjoy the change too.
4. Swap frozen vegetables for the best quality fresh vegetables you can afford. This may be one to take slowly if you find it difficult.
5. Perhaps substitute a homemade pasta sauce for store bought one. Cabonara or Napoli sauces are so quick and easy to make – even the kids can do it – with the added bonus of no preservatives. A Classic Bolognese Sauce is also a good one to make in advance and keep in the freezer for those busy nights.
6. Maybe instead of buying biscuits or muffins this week, bake them yourself. Not only do they taste much better, you will know exactly what ingredients are included and can compare when you go shopping. In the interests of healthy eating - please watch your portion sizes - they will even make it to the lunch box if you do :)
7. How about substituting good quality yoghurt and seasonal fruit for the store bought muffin? Go for quality and you won’t miss the muffin at all. Please do keep an eye on the sugar content of the yoghurt you buy!
8. Based on what insights your Food Diary provides, you may decide to give up or reduce the amount of wheat you eat and see how your body feels.
9. When shopping this week take a few
extra minutes to study the ingredient and nutrition labels. You’ll get a feel for them in
time. Just choose a couple of
items to investigate each week; no one wants to spend all day in the supermarket.
10. Whatever change you’ve decided to make, plan it. Add the ingredients to your shopping list for this week, so you’re prepared and ready. Getting caught short only tempts us back to less healthy eating habits (and the associated guilt!).
line? Choose to do one new thing
every few weeks depending on what you’re comfortable with. Take it slow – time is needed to
develop permanent change. Thirty days will get through the hard part, but essentially it is ninety days (3 months) to change lifestyle habits. If you
can’t eliminate something from your diet, start by reducing the
Final item to add to your Eating Healthy to Lose Weight Action List? .... Keep active and watch your portion sizes.
Happy Healthy Eating!
What are YOU committing to for the next 30-60 days? Tell us about it! We would love to give you a support network in which to share your journey.
Click on the links below to see great reviews about Healthy Eating to Lose Weight Action Lists. They were all written by other visitors to this page.